Register By December 20th for the Early Bird Rate!
Join this interactive workshop and fill your teaching and group facilitation toolbox with experiential, brain-based techniques to engage and connect learners, create a positive and supportive learning community, and maximize social-emotional learning and academic outcomes.
We will explore:
- Experiential, brain-based methods to actively engage students physically, emotionally, socially and intellectually
- Strategies for increasing buy-in and ownership of learning
- Interactive activities to build community while enlivening academic or training lessons and differentiating instruction
- Ways to cultivate social and emotional skills such as communication, social problem-solving, relationship skills, collaboration, self-regulation, decision-making, self-awareness, emotional expression, conflict resolution, and reflection
- Methods for creating a positive and supportive environment for learning and building supportive and nurturing relationships
- Novel and dynamic techniques to teach, review and reinforce both academic content and social and emotional learning that help learners apply material in meaningful, relevant ways
- Research from the field of educational neuroscience and its impact on learning, teaching, and social-emotional skills development
- Innovative reflection tools and techniques to increase relevancy, meaning, depth of understanding, and connection to future learning situations
- The role of the educator as guide, and the importance of flexibility, attitude, adaptation, and awareness of group and individual needs and differences
Attendees will take away practical, brain-based approaches to increase engagement and ownership in learning and group experiences and the group management strategies and structures needed to make them a success. These activities can be facilitated in any size space with simple materials. They can be adapted to varying ages, settings, and abilities. Participants will take away strategies that will help them build a positive environment for learning, develop social-emotional skills, actively involve learners in academics or training content, and promote a positive culture in their group sessions, school or workplace.
Hosted by Champlain Elementary School 8:30-3:30 • Lunch and Inspired Educator, Inspired Learner book included.