Inspire, Engage, and Connect: Experiential, Brain-Based Engagement, Group Development, and Reflection
Hosted by Milwaukee Public Schools • 8:30-3:00 • Tuition includes lunch and choice of book.
Milwaukee Public Schools Central Office • 5225 W. Vliet Street
Room 210/211 • Milwaukee, WI 53208
Join this interactive workshop and fill your toolbox with novel and dynamic brain-based techniques to inspire, motivate, and promote engagement, buy-in and meaningful reflection and dialogue. Take away experiential methods and reflective techniques that empower participants to take ownership of learning and practice essential social-emotional skills such as problem-solving, communication, self-awareness, and emotional expression. We will focus on ways to thoughtfully design and sequence experiences to increase engagement, meet specific therapeutic, educational and group development goals. Join this dynamic session and take away both practical strategies to enhance your toolbox and a deeper understanding of the “why behind what you do” in group facilitation, counseling, and teaching.
We will explore:
- Experiential, brain-based approaches to actively engage learners physically, emotionally, socially and intellectually
- Practical strategies to impart the fundamentals of experiential group facilitation such as the importance of participant choice and control, sequencing, ongoing assessment, and meaningful reflection to create lasting lessons
- Techniques for increasing participant involvement, buy-in, and ownership in learning experiences
- Methods to help group leaders design, sequence, facilitate and adapt activities to enhance learning outcomes
- Ways to cultivate social and emotional skills such as communication, social problem-solving, relationship skills, collaboration, self-regulation, decision-making, self-awareness, emotional expression, conflict resolution, and reflection
- Compelling research from the neuroscience field that informs facilitation, engagement, and social-emotional skills development
- Innovative reflection tools and techniques to increase relevancy, meaning, depth of understanding, and connection to future learning situations
- The role of the facilitator as guide, and the importance of flexibility, attitude, adaptation, and awareness of group and individual needs and differences
- Techniques to increase, depth of understanding, and connection to future learning situations