Online Workshop: Inspired Educator, Engaged Learner: Integrating Social and Emotional Learning with Academic Engagement$ 249.00
Two Half-Day Sessions Spring Dates TBD • email firstname.lastname@example.org for date request
Join us to network and create a collaborative learning community with other educators from around the world.
Tuition includes a copy of the Inspired Educator, Inspired Learner book.
Join this interactive online workshop and fill your teaching toolbox with dynamic brain-based techniques to inspire meaningful academic, social and emotional engagement, buy-in, student voice, and ownership. Harness the power of play and reflection to teach, practice, review, and assess content while cultivating SEL skills such as collaboration, problem-solving, and self and social awareness. Leave with student-centered engagement strategies to differentiate instruction and get learners moving, talking, and reflecting. Design, sequence, and scaffold activities to enhance outcomes and take advantage of teachable moments. Build a responsive, supportive, and inclusive classroom community. Strengthen your role as educator-as-guide and practice flexibility, choice, and adaptation to empower all students.
We will explore:
- Experiential, brain-based strategies to actively engage learners physically, emotionally, socially, and intellectually
- Methods to design, sequence, scaffold, and adapt activities to enhance learning outcomes and take advantage of "teachable moments"
- Interactive activities to build rapport and community while enlivening academic lessons, differentiating instruction, and promoting social and emotional learning, along with the classroom structures to make them a success
- Ways to promote involvement, buy-in, voice, choice, engagement, and ownership of learning
- Methods for creating a positive, responsive, and supportive environment for learning
- Engaging reflection tools and techniques to help learners find meaning, increase depth of understanding, and application to future learning
- Novel and dynamic techniques to teach, review, and apply content in meaningful, relevant ways
- Compelling research from the field of educational neuroscience that supports and informs experiential approaches to teaching, community building, and social-emotional learning
- Ways to cultivate social and emotional skills such as communication, social problem-solving, relationship skills, collaboration, self-regulation, decision-making, self-awareness, emotional expression, creativity, and reflection
- The role of the educator as guide, and the importance of flexibility, attitude, adaptation, and awareness of the group and individual needs and differences
"This has been amazing. The time flies because the sessions are so engaging. I received my money’s worth in the first hour of the workshop!
"Jen Stanchfield's warm, authentic, gentle, and engaging style makes everyone feel welcome and supported - even online. Jen creates an atmosphere where participants feel like they are partners in the learning experience. I have attended multiple sessions with Jen over the last decade and always take away something new that I can use right away in my teaching and counseling."
"This workshop has truly helped me serve my students. My students LOVED the Team Tally activity you showed us. Thank you for helping me feel more confident about facilitating breakout groups in Zoom and giving me so many ideas for engaging learners in-person and online.
"I appreciate that along with sharing your useful tools and techniques, you have helped us engage with and learn from each other. Your style gives everyone ownership in the learning process."