Online Workshop: Meaningful Reflection Brings Learning to Life$ 229.00
Spring Session TBD Email firstname.lastname@example.org for inquiries.
Tuition includes a copy of Tips & Tools for the Art of Experiential Group Facilitation
*Reduced tuition rates available for students and non-profit groups. Email email@example.com for more information.
Join this interactive workshop and explore tangible ways to take advantage of teachable moments and bring learning to life with engaging participant-centered reflection techniques for both in-person and remote learning. Enliven the traditional sharing circle with active, brain-based methods including movement, metaphor, art, and interactive dialogue to increase emotional connection, relevancy, and depth of understanding. Take away inspiration, new perspectives, and practical tools for weaving meaningful reflection, connection, and ownership throughout lessons and experiences. Create lasting lessons and help participants become lifelong reflective learners.
This engaging workshop is scheduled with multiple time zones in mind. The two sessions are spaced a month apart to allow for ongoing reflection and application of practices between meetings. Join us to network and create a collaborative learning community with other educators from around the world.
We will explore:
- Practical in-person and remote learning techniques to increase relevancy, meaning, depth of understanding, and connection and application to future learning situations
- Ways to enliven the traditional sharing circle with active methods using multiple modalities to engage all learners physically, emotionally, socially, and intellectually in meaningful reflection
- Compelling neuroscience research that informs experiential, social-emotional learning approaches and the value of reflection
- Methods for using metaphor to create meaning and relevancy, exploration of the use of art, objects, journaling, and movement in reflection
- Insights into the concept of reflective practice- viewing reflection as an ongoing and enjoyable part of learning experiences rather than an “add on” or didactic “follow up.”
- Strategies for increasing choice, voice, and ownership in learning experiences
What participants are saying:
"This has been amazing. The time flies because the sessions are so engaging. I received my money’s worth in the first hour of the first session!"
"Jen Stanchfield's warm, authentic, gentle, and engaging style makes everyone feel welcome and supported - even online. Jen creates an atmosphere where participants feel like they are partners in the learning experience. I have attended multiple sessions with Jen over the last decade and always take away something new that I can use right away in my teaching and counseling."