Experiential, Brain-Based Techniques to Enliven Group Facilitation and Teaching
9:00-3:00 • The Wing Center, 24 Upper Main St., Morrisville, VT
Tuition includes lunch and a copy of one of Jen Stanchfield's books: Inspired Educator, Inspired Learner or Tips & Tools for the Art of Experiential Group Facilitation.
Join this interactive workshop and fill your teaching, counseling, or group facilitation toolbox with experiential, brain-based techniques to inspire and engage. Empower learners of all ages to take ownership of learning and group work. Build a connected and supportive community, cultivate social-emotional skills and meaningful reflection. Enliven group facilitation and teaching with active, learner-centered participation methods to cultivate involvement and create lasting, meaningful lessons.
Take away practical methods to enhance group morning meetings, advisory, circles, and other group work and community building. Integrate academic or training content with social and emotional learning. Gain creative inspiration and new perspectives on the art and science of teaching and facilitation.
Participants Will Leave With:
- Experiential, brain-based strategies to actively engage learners of all ages
- Ways to promote involvement, voice, choice, and ownership of learning
- Practical methods to enhance morning meetings, advisory, circles, and other group work and community building
- Games and activities that teach and practice social and emotional learning and academics, plus, the facilitation structures to make them a success
- Techniques to design, sequence, and adapt activities to enhance learning outcomes and take advantage of "teachable moments"
- Collaborative, learner-centered ways to cultivate belonging and create inclusive, supportive learning communities
- Engaging reflection tools to help learners find meaning, increase depth of understanding, and application to future learning
- Strengths-based approaches to cultivate social and emotional skills such as empathy, communication, social problem-solving, relationship skills, collaboration, self-awareness, emotional expression, creativity, and reflection
Tuition includes lunch and a copy of one of Jen Stanchfield's books: Inspired Educator, Inspired Learner: Experiential, Brain-Based Activities and Strategies to Engage, Motivate, Build Community and Create Lasting Lessons.