Four, weekly two-hour online sessions Wednesdays 4:30-6:30 Eastern Time • This Cohort Session runs March 2nd - March 23rd. Tuition includes your choice of one of Jen's books or teaching tools. Limited to 20 participants.
Join this dynamic online series and fill your toolbox with experiential, learner-centered engagement, reflection, community building, and social-emotional learning techniques for participants of all ages. Promote buy-in, participant voice, and a positive, productive, and inclusive group culture. Enliven teaching, facilitation. and social-emotional skills content delivery and assessment with active learner-centered activities to enhance involvement and retention. Take away interactive techniques to facilitate meaningful reflection, dialogue, relevancy, and application to create lasting lessons. Gain practical methods, creative inspiration, positive connections,
networking, and support from other educators and facilitators across the globe.
This workshop offers:
- A collaborative exploration of experiential, brain-based methods for
- meaningful engagement, community building, dialogue, and reflection
- Practical strategies to enhance facilitation of group development, academic, and social-emotional learning or training content
- Ways to promote buy-in, voice, choice, and ownership of learning
- Techniques for teaching, practicing, and assessing training or academic content while cultivating social and emotional skills such as communication,
- collaboration, problem-solving, self and social awareness, and reflection
- Facilitated time to connect, collaborate, and problem-solve with other educators and facilitators who are facing similar challenges and successes
- Exploration of the role of the educator/facilitator as guide, and the importance of flexibility, attitude, adaptation, and awareness of group and individual needs and differences
- Methods to sequence, facilitate, and adapt activities to enhance outcomes and take advantage of "teachable moments"
- Engaging reflection tools and techniques to increase relevancy, meaning, depth of understanding, and connection to future learning situations
The workshop includes a choice of one of Jen's books or teaching tools. To encourage collaborative learning, reflection, and community building, each series/cohort group's capacity is 20 participants.
"Time flew by during this session! I was actively engaged the whole time and took away tools I will use right away with my groups."
"You opened my eyes regarding the options that exist for bringing experiential engagement and team-building methods to my small and large teams. Thank you for helping me create a positive learning community and engage them in meaningful reflection."
"Great info. Also, the breakout rooms were structured enough to not be awkward. The introverts thank you...
"This is just what I needed! I put the entry activity, reflection techniques, and dialogue sparking ideas to use with my college students right after the workshop ended!"
"I look forward to these sessions every week! I savor the time in our workshops. It has truly helped me serve my students. My students LOVED the Team Tally activity you showed us.
“She was the most encouraging, inspiring instructor. Loved her enthusiasm for the art of facilitation and teaching!”