July 18-21st and October 20th • Summer Graduate Course for Educators • Hosted by LAPDA Montpelier, VT
Experiential approaches to teaching enhance your ability to motivate learners, inspire a sense of discovery, instill a desire to learn, and create a positive and supportive learning community.
This course offers a variety of active teaching approaches that engage learners emotionally, socially, physically and intellectually. These brain-based methods will help you facilitate meaningful dialogue and reflection, develop a positive learning community, and review and reinforce academic lessons or training content in a playful and engaging way.
- Active brain-based approaches to promote social-emotional and academic success
- Methods for engaging participants emotionally, physically, intellectually and socially
- Practical tools and engaging activities that develop a healthy atmosphere of respect and trust, peer to peer and teacher to student
- New research from the field of cognitive neuroscience and its impact on learning, teaching and social and emotional skills development in students.
- A variety of brain-based teaching approaches and interactive problem-solving activities that will help educators motivate students and promote critical thinking, creativity, and collaboration
- Experiential teaching approaches and interactive activities that will help “spice up” your academic lessons and help you differentiate instruction
- Reflective methods and the use of metaphor to increase depth of understanding and connection to future learning experiences.
- Techniques to help educators become more “student-centered,” empowering learners to take more control and responsibility for their learning.
Join in this interactive workshop and leave with practical strategies and activities to support school-wide efforts around increasing engagement and motivation, differentiating instruction, and developing a positive and supportive climate.
Hosted by the Lamoille Area Professional Development Academy (LAPDA) • Montpelier, Vermont
To Register: lapdavt.org