Fill Your Toolbox with Meaningful Engagement, Community Building, and Reflection Strategies
Hosted by Team BRIDGES Memphis 9:00-3:00 • Tuition includes lunch and a copy of one of Jen Stanchfield's books: Inspired Educator, Inspired Learner: Experiential, Brain-Based Activities and Strategies to Engage, Motivate, Build Community and Create Lasting Lessons.
Join this interactive workshop and fill your teaching, counseling, and group facilitation toolbox with experiential, brain-based techniques to inspire, engage, build community, and create lasting, meaningful lessons. Enhance involvement in social and emotional learning, academics, training, or group work while cultivating voice and ownership, self and social awareness, and communication.
Harness the power of play to teach. Cultivate a positive, connective and inclusive learning community. Enliven morning meeting, advisory, and other groupwork and sharing circles with active learner-centered methods. Deepen learning through emotional connection, relevancy, and depth of understanding. Take away creative inspiration and practical strategies that you can adapt to fit your unique style as an educator or facilitator.
We will explore:
- Experiential, brain-based strategies to actively engage learners of all ages
- Ways to promote involvement, voice, choice, belonging, and ownership of learning
- Practical strategies to enhance morning meeting, advisory, circles, and other groupwork and community building
- Techniques for creating a positive, responsive, and supportive environment for learning
- Intentional ways to design, sequence, and adapt activities to enhance learning outcomes and take advantage of "teachable moments"
- Collaborative student-centered ways to create and maintain inclusive, responsive, supportive learning communities and the classroom structures to make them a success
- Engaging reflection tools and techniques to help learners find meaning, increase depth of understanding, and application to future learning
- Dynamic techniques to teach, review, and apply academic or training content in meaningful, relevant ways
- Ways to cultivate social and emotional skills such as empathy, communication, social problem-solving, relationship skills, collaboration, self-awareness, emotional expression, creativity, and reflection
- Reflective tools to help learners find meaning, increase depth of understanding, and application to future learning
Tuition includes lunch and a copy of one of Jen Stanchfield's books: Inspired Educator, Inspired Learner: Experiential, Brain-Based Activities and Strategies to Engage, Motivate, Build Community and Create Lasting Lessons.