Two half-day sessions Part One: November 18th and Part Two: December 9th 11:00-3:00 EST with an optional winter 2022 follow-up meeting TBD.
Tuition includes your choice of one of Jen's books.
These engaging online workshops are scheduled with multiple time zones in mind. They are spaced a month apart to allow for ongoing reflection and application of practices between sessions. Join us to network and create a collaborative learning community with other educators from around the world.Join this interactive workshop and explore tangible ways to take advantage of teachable moments and bring learning to life with engaging participant-centered reflection techniques for both in-person and remote learning. Enliven the traditional sharing circle with active, brain-based methods including movement, metaphor, art, and interactive dialogue to increase emotional connection, relevancy, and depth of understanding. Take away inspiration, new perspectives, and practical tools for weaving meaningful reflection and connection throughout learning. Create lasting lessons and help participants become lifelong reflective learners.
We will explore:
- Practical in-person and remote learning techniques to increase relevancy, meaning, depth of understanding, and connection and application to future learning situations
- Ways to enliven the traditional sharing circle with active methods using multiple modalities to engage all learners physically, emotionally, socially, and intellectually in meaningful reflection
- Compelling neuroscience research that informs experiential, social-emotional learning approaches and the value of reflection
- Methods for using metaphor to create meaning and relevancy, exploration of the use of art, objects, journaling, and movement in reflection
- Insights into the concept of reflective practice- viewing reflection as an ongoing and enjoyable part of learning experiences rather than an “add on” or didactic “follow up.”
- Strategies for increasing choice, voice, and ownership in learning experiences
"This has been amazing. The time flies because the sessions are so engaging. I received my money’s worth in the first hour of the first session!"
"Jen Stanchfield's warm, authentic, gentle, and engaging style makes everyone feel welcome and supported - even online. Jen creates an atmosphere where participants feel like they are partners in the learning experience. I have attended multiple sessions with Jen over the last decade and always take away something new that I can use right away in my teaching and counseling.
" I appreciate that along with sharing your useful tools and techniques, you have helped us engage with and learn from each other. Your style gives everyone ownership in the learning process."
"I love collaborating with, and hearing experiences and perspectives from educators from outside of my day-to-day network. How cool to be in a learning community with people from India, Japan, Quebec, and all regions of the U.S."
"You opened my eyes regarding the options that exist within Zoom for bringing experiential engagement and team-building methods online! Thank you for helping me create a positive learning community for my teams and engage them in meaningful reflection."