Quotables: Inspiring Quotation Cards to Spark Creativity, Conversation & Reflection
40 quote cards with a brief biography of each quote’s author, plus suggestions for use. The Quotables were created as a tool for individual reflection, team building, education, training, coaching, counseling, group development, and personal enrichment programs. Quotes are an engaging way to facilitate strong beginnings or optimistic endings, create a context for upcoming learning experiences, or celebrate, reflect, and carry learning forward at the end of experiences. Quotables stimulate personal reflection, initiate conversation, spark creative thought, help group members build connections, find common ground, or understand different perspectives.
This package contains quotes about teaching, leadership, and learning. Look for new themed sets coming soon!
“I LOVE the Quotables and start my Junior classes with them 3 times a week, it is amazing how the right quote just seems to pop up for the day :)” “The quotes were wonderful… I added them to the items I put out from the impromptu toolbox I created so staff could choose either an item or a quote… the discussions were wonderful and the retreat was a big success!”
Quotables are used in many different ways:
As a novel introductory hook or welcoming activity to engage participants and help them transition into a workshop or classroom session:
- Spread the Quotables out so that they are accessible to all group members. At the start of class, or as group members arrive for a program invite participants to choose a quote that resonates with them.
- Ask them to reflect upon their quote individually, write about it, or share with a partner.
- You can engage the whole group through active pair share or other group dialogue activities. Visit the Experiential Tools blog at www.experientialtools.com for engaging interactive dialogue methods.
- The approach or role they took in the group experience
- A quality they think is most important in a leader or teacher, or their personal philosophy of leadership or teaching
- As a gift or memento of an experience: Individual quotes make a great gift or reminder of a program or personal goal. Use your creativity. There are endless possibilities!