Founded by author and educator Jennifer Stanchfield, Experiential Tools is known internationally for our dedication to the art and science of experiential group facilitation, counseling, teaching, group development, and social and emotional learning. Our mission is to help educators fill their toolbox with quality, unique, and user-friendly methods to enhance academic, training, and social-emotional learning outcomes, build community and engage learners in meaningful reflection and dialogue. Our services include consulting, professional development, and team-building for schools, therapeutic programs and community, educational, and training organizations. The Inspired Educator Blog, workshops, professional development programs, books, facilitation, and teaching tools we offer are utilized by educators all over the world.
Jennifer Stanchfield, the founder of Experiential Tools, offers a holistic approach to training, consulting, and team development. Rather than providing a prescriptive curriculum or program, her style as a consultant involves ongoing collaboration with educators and program administrators to develop programs and methods that meet the specific needs and goals of an individual school, college, or community organization.
Providing a combination of staff team-building and professional development along with direct service mentoring and coaching sessions leads to the development of sustainable ongoing experiential learning programs and practices that will be part of the school or organization for years to come.
Consulting Services Include:
- Custom professional development programs for educators, educational leaders, counselors, group facilitators, and trainers focused on experiential, brain-based approaches to increasing engagement and building a positive and supportive learning community
- Training and resources focused on experiential brain-based techniques to meaningfully engage K-12, college and adult learners, develop social and emotional skills, and enhance learning outcomes
- Workshops for teachers, counselors, mental health clinicians, advisory group leaders, after school program staff, youth workers, mentors, trainers, and recreational therapists focused on facilitation skills, experiential activities, instructional design, and reflection tools and techniques
- Direct service community building, experiential learning and team development programs in the K-12 classroom, college programs, and for organizational teams
- Workshops for professional teachers, trainers, facilitators, counselors, and educational leaders focused on the art of facilitation, innovative and inspiring reflection tools and techniques, and designing and delivering successful group development and social-emotional learning programs
- Team-building programs for community organizations, school faculty, educational leadership, and college student life groups
Facilitation and Teaching Tools and Books:
A passion and focus of Jen’s work has been promoting experiential, brain-based methods to promote social and emotional learning and engage learners in meaningful reflection and group dialogue. Based on requests by the educators and facilitators in her programs, she developed some of these reflection and engagement tools into products. As a result, programs worldwide use her books, teaching, counseling, and reflective tools- ranging from K-12 and college classrooms, team development, training, counseling, adventure education, therapeutic, restorative circles, social and emotional learning, mentoring, coaching, and business leadership programs.
Jen carefully hand selects the items that make up her facilitation tools focusing on usability, quality and aesthetic appeal. She “field tests” the tools regularly in her own work as a facilitator with students and adults. She seeks out locally made, sustainable and green materials such as the lead free pewter charms found in her Miniature Metaphors kits and the hand made in Vermont hemp bags that hold the Conversation Starters. The Pick-A-Postcard sets and Quotables kits are all designed and printed locally. All of the Experiential Tools products can be tailored for your specific needs. Larger and smaller quantities and customized assortments are available.