9:00-3:00 • Hosted by Aucocisco School Freeport
Tuition includes lunch and a copy of Jen's Inspired Educator, Inspired Learner book.
Experiential, Brain-Based Approaches to Build Community, Integrate Academic and Social and Emotional Learning, and Create Lasting Meaningful Lessons
Join this interactive session and fill your teaching, counseling, facilitation, or training toolbox with brain-based techniques to inspire and engage. Use the power of play, reflection and brain-based Experiential Learning to build community, integrate SEL and academics, enliven advisory, meetings, and circles.
Take away creative inspiration and new perspectives on your role as a K-12 or adult educator, facilitator, or counselor. Leave with practical engagement strategies to get learners of all ages moving, talking, and reflecting. Gain creative inspiration and new perspectives on the art and science of teaching and facilitation.
We will explore:
- Experiential, brain-based strategies to actively engage learners of all ages
- Learner-centered ways to promote involvement, voice, choice, belonging, and ownership
- Methods to design, sequence, and adapt activities to enhance learning outcomes and leverage "teachable moments"
- Collaborative, learner-centered ways to cultivate belonging and build community
- Engaging reflection tools to help learners find meaning, and deepen learning
- Novel and dynamic techniques to teach, review, and apply academic or training content in meaningful, relevant ways
- Brain-based activities to integrate social and emotional skills with academic or training content
- Strengths-based methods to cultivate social and emotional skills such as communication, empathy, social problem-solving, relationship skills, collaboration, self-awareness, emotional expression, creativity, and reflection
Tuition includes lunch and a copy of one of Jen Stanchfield's books: Inspired Educator, Inspired Learner: Experiential, Brain-Based Activities and Strategies to Engage, Motivate, Build Community and Create Lasting Lessons, or Tips & Tools for the Art of Experiential Group Facilitation.
What participants are saying:
"Jen Stanchfield's warm, authentic, gentle, and engaging style makes everyone feel welcome and supported - even online. Jen creates an atmosphere where participants feel like they are partners in the learning experience. I have attended multiple sessions with Jen over the last decade and always take away something new that I can use right away in my teaching and counseling."